GAP Claims

You are eligible to file a GAP claim in the event of a total loss (i.e. accident or theft). GAP Protection pays the difference between the customer's loan balance at the time of loss and the amount paid by the insurance company within the limits defined on your contract.

Steps to File New Claim:

Please continue to make the regular scheduled payment to your loan even after the date of loss. Failure to do so will result in credit ramifications that are the responsibility of the borrower.

Click on the link below to download and print the GAP claim reporting form. The GAP claim reporting form must be received within 60 days from date of loss.

Click Here

Submit additional documents listed below:

  • Copy of GAP waiver contract.
  • Copy of vehicle sales invoice, buyer's order or bill of sale.
  • Copy of finance agreement.
  • Copy of entire payment history to be obtained from the lender (may take up to 4 weeks) or copy of each billing statement for the life of the loan.
  • Copy of the police report regarding accident or theft.
  • If insured, copy of insurance company vehicle valuation and settlement statement.
  • Cancel all other "cancellable" products included in the finance agreement.

Check the status of an existing claim:

Please call 800-559-3168 or email Please have your claim or contract number ready.